How this recipe came about:
I am OBSESSED with Asian peanut dressings, so naturally I had to come up with a healthier option to the commercial options loaded wth MSG and unwanted chemicals you find at the grocery store. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do (I can literally drink this stuff).
Benefits of a few ingredients:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – A liver and lymphatic tonic – meaning it can help detox your body.
- Tamari – A healthier gluten free version of Soy Sauce.
- Sesame Oil – Rich in zinc, which is one of the most important minerals for your skin – increasing skin elasticity and reducing the appearance of premature aging.
*To get to the written recipe, scroll all the way down*
Photograph by: Lauren Cheong
To create the combined dish above:
Click here for my Asian Sensation Slaw Recipe
Click here for my Healthy Salmon Teriyaki Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Peanut butter (Crunchy or smooth will both work)
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoon Tamari or low sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Sesame oil or peanut oil
- 2 tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove Garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh Ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1. Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor or blender; process until smooth and creamy (approximately 45 seconds).
- 2. Transfer the peanut dressing to a jar, cover and chill until ready to use.
- This dressing pairs really well with my Asian Slaw Salad Click here for recipe
I’m Elle! A Toronto-based Holistic Nutritionist. I’m a multi-passionate woman, but nutrition and understanding how the body works is really my passion. Through my own personal journey, I have trained my body to heal itself using strategic, natural tools and techniques. Now I’m ready to help others!
As a new Mom, I understand that wellbeing is a journey. I hope my expertise will inspire other parents to choose nutrient-rich foods and the right products to create a happy, healthy and sustainable home. Click Here to Continue Reading