I LOVE avocados!!!
I would say avocados are my absolute favourite piece of produce to eat. I would also say that guacamole is my favourite dip of all time… and anyone who knows me, knows that I love my dips!
In the recipe below I will show you how to make my delicious Guacamole with a Kick! Why with a kick you ask? Well, I add in a secret ingredient to the mix that not only gives another dimension to my guac’s flavour, but also adds awesome health benefits as well.
5 Great Benefits of the Main Ingredients used:
- Avocados – A medium size avocado has a whopping 10 – 13 grams of fiber.
- Cilantro – Cilantro is an amazing and effective agent for toxic metal cleansing.
- Lemons – Lemons are acidic outside of our bodies, but when consumed they are alkaline-forming helping to restore balance in our body’s pH levels.
- Red Onions – Red Onions are the best food sources of Chromium.
- Ginger – Ginger has been shown to minimize muscle soreness from exercise and the progression of muscle pain
- 2 avocados (pitted and cubed)
- 1 medium roma tomato (diced)
- 1/2 medium red onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoons fresh ginger root (minced)
- 1 bunch of cilantro (chopped coarsely)
- 1 lime, (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp. pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper (chopped finely) - optional*
- In a medium bowl, place cubed avocados.
- Add tomatoes (salted), onions, garlic, ginger, cilantro, lime juice and remaining salt to bowl.
- After all ingredients are blended to favourable consistency, top with last bit of lime juice (do not stir).
- Refrigerate for a few hours (for best flavour), or if serving immediately skip lime juice topping in step 4.
- Bring to room temperature & eat until your <3 is content.
- *For a spicier variation chop jalapeño peppers and mix in with other ingredients in step 2.
I’m Elle! A Toronto-based Holistic Nutritionist. I’m a multi-passionate woman, but nutrition and understanding how the body works is really my passion. Through my own personal journey, I have trained my body to heal itself using strategic, natural tools and techniques. Now I’m ready to help others!
As a new Mom, I understand that wellbeing is a journey. I hope my expertise will inspire other parents to choose nutrient-rich foods and the right products to create a happy, healthy and sustainable home. Click Here to Continue Reading